Is there a decline in consumer spending? Here's what CEOs are saying – Business News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] People walk past Sweetgreen restaurant in Manhattan on September 14, 2023. Jenna Moon | The Washington Post | Getty Images As prices and interest rates continue to rise, Chipotle Burrito bowls and European vacations are still on the table for many consumers. But Big Macs and kitchen remodels are not. The latest round of … Read more

United Airlines (UAL) Q1 2024 earnings – Business News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] A United Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 9 landed at San Francisco International Airport. Justin Sullivan | Getty Images United Airlines The company on Tuesday lowered its forecast for aircraft deliveries for this year as it faces delays Boeingthe latest airline to face growth challenges due to the plane manufacturer's safety crisis. United expects to … Read more

Boeing defends 787 Dreamliner safety after whistleblower allegations – Top Stories (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] An employee works on the tail of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner on the production line at the company's final assembly facility in North Charleston, South Carolina. Travis Dove | Bloomberg | Getty Images Boeing The company on Monday defended quality and safety tests conducted on its 787 Dreamliner and 777 jets, days after one … Read more

Airspace closures across the Middle East have diverted flights as Iran launches a drone attack on Israel – Top Stories (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] Flightradar24 over the Middle East on April 14, 2024 after Iran launched drone strikes toward Israel. Source: Flight Radar 24 A closure of airspace across the Middle East led to the suspension and diversion of flights on Saturday after Iran launched drones toward Israel. United AirlinesThe Israeli airline resumed flights to Tel Aviv early … Read more

Delta Air Lines (DAL) Q1 2024 earnings – Business News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] The Airbus A330-941 will be delivered to Delta Air Lines, flying from Toulouse Blagnac Airport to Atlanta, in Toulouse, France, on December 8, 2023. Joan Waltz | norphoto | Getty Images Delta Airlines It turned profitable in the first quarter, and CEO Ed Bastian said bookings for both leisure and business travel are strong … Read more

Solar eclipse flights sweep through small airports – Global News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] A general view of the sunset on the boardwalk before the eclipse on Monday, April 7, 2024, in Mazatlán, Mexico. Hector Vivas | Getty Images Monday's solar eclipse gives some of the country's smaller airports a moment in the sun. The Federal Aviation Administration said flights from airports from Burlington, Vermont, to southern Illinois … Read more

Spirit Airlines will postpone Airbus orders and furlough 260 pilots – Business News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] A Spirit Airlines plane undergoes operations in preparation for departure at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport on February 12, 2024 in Austin, Texas. Brandon Bell | Getty Images Spirit Airlines It said on Monday it would delay deliveries of new Airbus planes and furlough about 260 pilots as it tried to shore up cash. “Of course, … Read more

A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 lost an engine cowling during takeoff, the Federal Aviation Administration is investigating – Top Stories (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 arrives at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport on January 20, 2024 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Kevin Carter | Getty Images The engine cowl fell off Southwest Airlines Boeing The Federal Aviation Administration said Sunday that the plane was a 737-800 and struck a wing flap while taking off … Read more

Calhoun, Boeing's CEO, earned $5 million last year before the 737 MAX crisis – Business News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun speaks with reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., before meeting with a group of senators on January 24, 2024. Jim Watson | AFP | Getty Images open minded Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun's pay fell to $5 million last year after declining a bonus, compared to $7 million in 2022, … Read more

The Indian airline Vistara cuts off its flights in protest against changes in pilot salaries – Top Stories (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1] The Tata Group currently owns 51% of Vistara shares, with the remaining 49% owned by Singapore Airlines. norphoto | norphoto | Getty Images India's Vistara airline has reduced its flights following cancellations and delays throughout the week, as pilots went on strike over a salary review. Pilots called in sick to protest the terms … Read more