Sean Combs says behavior is “inexcusable” in 2016 hotel surveillance video – Entertainment News (Trending Perfect)

[ad_1]

Sean “Diddy” Combs issued an apology on Sunday after posting footage that appeared to show him beating his ex-girlfriend Cassie in 2016, matching the description of an alleged incident she detailed in a now-settled lawsuit.

Combs, who is the subject of a federal investigation and several civil lawsuits, issued a video statement on his Instagram page in which he said his “behavior in this video is inexcusable.”

“It's very hard to think about the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you have to do it,” Combs said. “I was distraught — I mean I hit rock bottom — but I don't make any excuses.” “My behavior in this video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in this video. I am disgusted. I was disgusted when I did it. I am disgusted now.”

He said that after that incident, he “resorted to treatment and rehabilitation.”

“I'm so sorry,” Combs said. “But I'm committed to being a better man every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm truly sorry.”

Cassie, 37, whose name is Cassandra Ventura, alleged in a federal lawsuit in November that Combs raped and physically abused her, including punching, hitting, kicking and stomping on her, during their relationship. The lawsuit included details that Combs was assaulted at a hotel, which appears to be supported by the video posted by CNN on Friday.

Combs had previously denied his ex-partner's allegations, describing them as disgusting. He also said the settlement, announced a day after the lawsuit was filed, was “in no way” an admission of wrongdoing.

According to CNN, the video was taken in a hotel hallway in March 2016, and offers multiple angles of the incident, which begins when a woman wearing a hooded jacket walks to the elevator with a bag in her hands. The video then shows a man, identified by CNN as Combs, running down the hall wearing a towel and no shirt.

He walks behind a woman near the elevator, then grabs her and throws her to the floor. The man then appears to kick her twice. He then begins dragging the woman by her sweatshirt while she is on the ground.

Moments later, he sat down on a chair before appearing to pick something up and throw it. The video clip contains no sound.

Casey's attorney, Douglas Wigdor, said Friday that the video “only confirmed Mr. Combs' disturbing and predatory behavior.” Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this matter to light.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office said in a statement on Saturday that it was aware of the “disturbing and difficult-to-watch” video. Because the incident falls outside the statute of limitations for assault, the prosecutor said he “will not be able to charge” anyone in connection with the video.

“To date, law enforcement has not made a case against Mr. Combs related to the attack seen in the video,” the statement read.

However, Combs is under federal investigation and his properties in California and Florida were raided in March by agents from Homeland Security Investigations. Agents executed search warrants from the US District Court for the Southern District of New York and seized the Miami music mogul's phones before he departed on a trip to the Bahamas.

Since Cassie came forward with her claims against Combs last year, the rapper has been hit with five lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault, sex trafficking and engaging in other criminal activities.

Combs has denied all the accusations and filed papers with the court seeking to have Jane Doe's lawsuit dismissed and another woman's lawsuit partially dismissed.

One of his attorneys, Aaron Dyer, also issued a statement following the federal raids in March, stating that Combs was innocent. He described the raid as an ambush, saying there had been a rush to judgment based on “baseless accusations in civil suits.”

“No criminal or civil liability has been found in any of these allegations,” Dyer said.

[ad_2]

Source

Leave a comment